As part of our technology transfer initiatives, MATC provides unique opportunities for various groups to learn more about transportation research by touring our laboratory facilities, including the Intelligent Transportation Systems Laboratory, Structural Laboratory, and Geomaterials Laboratory. School groups and guests from any interested organization are welcome to contact us to schedule a tour that will be customized to your interests. MATC has hosted tours for state and local government groups, such as the Nebraska Department of Economic Development, and for professional groups such as the Lincoln-Omaha-Council Bluffs Association of Transportation Engineers (LOCATE).
Another key part of MATC's mission is facilitating the transfer of knowledge from industry professionals to our students. One way of doing this is providing the opportunity for students to tour state and local manufacturing and operations facilities in the transportation, distribution and logistics industries. MATC has sponsored tours at the following locations:
- Union Pacific Bailey Switching Yard, the world's largest railroad classification yard, and Ultrasonic Wheel Detection Facility, Gothenburg, Nebraska
- Union Pacific Dispatching Center and Track Renewal Train Facility
- Valmont Industries Manufacturing Facility, Valley, Nebraska
Please feel free to contact us if you are an industry professional in the area who would be willing to sponsor a tour of your facility for MATC students.
- MATC Students and Faculty Tour Union Pacific's Dispatching Center and Track Renewal Train Facilities
- MATC Seminar Students Visit Valmont Manufacturing Plant
- Transportation Systems Tour Union Pacific
- Local MOVITE Chapter Visits Whittier Research Center
Contact InfoJanet Renoe